Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) partners with the Ministry of Defense of RA to support the “Unit 1991” AI group with the educational and R&D platforms.
The aim of the program is to provide opportunities for continuing education, development, and advancement of professional skills for inductees in the Armed Forces of Armenia. It is envisioned to implement R&D projects and analyses to reach short-term, as well as mid- and long-term goals. Within the framework of the collaboration, FAST has launched Pre-Army Education and Training Program in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence for young people of respective age, to let the soldiers-to-be get prepared for the service in the unit.
FAST is currently seeking an outstanding candidate to participate in projects related to Artificial Intelligence and Data Science; to work in R&D teams; to generate and initially validate the ideas for R&D projects. The candidate will also be involved in training staff and conscripts.
The position requires broad technical skills in Machine Learning, Big Data Analysis, Project Management.
- work on the generation and exploration of novel ideas for Data Science/AI/ML applications in military and civilian sectors
- work on developing state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms
- build predictive models using machine learning algorithms
- participate in data mining using up-to-date methods
- process, analyze, interpret, and visualize large amounts of information using data visualization techniques
- communicate results and ideas to key decision-makers
- write reports and present results to the team and the leadership of FAST
- perform literature reviews
- serve as a scientific expert for both internal and external parties
- conduct training on AI and data science
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or an adjacent field is required
- experience or familiarity with R&D or IT Project Management
- advanced knowledge of Python programming language (knowledge of R, Matlab, C++ is an asset)
- familiarity with large-scale and high throughput data processing and analysis
- able to search, analyze, and utilize scientific literature
- military experience will be considered as a plus
- scientifically creative thinker with a visionary, optimistic outlook
- outstanding teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills
- a strong self-starter and independent thinker
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online. Please indicate the title of the position “AI Engineer/Task Lead” in the subject line of your e-mail.
FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.