Advanced Solutions Center (ASCENT) is a multifunctional platform for the origination and development of science-intensive ventures.
The current prototype company project focuses on the development of an AI-based drug discovery platform, which will generate biologically active drug candidates from unexplored chemical space.
We are currently seeking an outstanding Computational Chemist, or Synthetic Organic Chemist, or Medicinal Chemist with the skills listed below. We consider qualified candidates for both full-time and part-time workload.
The successful candidate will:
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team working on the development of machine learning algorithms for drug discovery
- Assist the data science team with the prioritization of chemical rules in organic synthesis
- Analyze molecule structure data, perform literature reviews, and perform synthesis planning
- Serve as a scientific expert for both internal and external partners and provide recommendations regarding new targets, new synthetic strategies, and emerging external chemistry capabilities
- Degree requirement at the time of hire: PhD in computational chemistry or synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry. Alternatively, MS with 5+ years of relevant experience in the industry
- Strong theoretical and working knowledge of organic chemistry
- Effective written and oral English communication skills
- Able to search, analyze, and utilize scientific literature
- Able to work with ChemDraw (or alternatives) and SciFinder/Synthia/Reaxys (or alternatives)
- Familiarity with a programming language (e.g. Python, R, Matlab) for scientific computing
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online. Please indicate the title of the position “Chemist” in the subject line of your e-mail.
FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.